TAX COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Sr Mgr/Director)
Profil de l'entreprise
For our client, a 1st class boutique law firm based in Luxembourg, we are looking for a process-driven Tax Compliance Specialist.
TAX COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Sr Mgr/Director): Description du fonction
Working closely with a Managing Partner, you will deal autonomously with complex clients’ files regarding any Tax Compliance matters.
Thanks to your technical skills, your experience and your ability to get global picture & to understand complex corporate structures, you will review Tax Files for international clients.
Your role will not only consist in reviewing files but also to provide advises, to make comments and to highlight potential risks in order to ensure a complementary support to your colleagues, specialized corporate & tax lawyers.
As a Tax compliance specialist, you will be the ambassador of the law firm regarding clients’ tax-related practices and procedures in order to comply with state and European tax laws.
Your role will include various responsibilities among others:
- Reviewing tax declaration and analyzing contracts, policies, and guidelines of international clients
- Identifying regulatory issues and concerns associated with tax compliance;
- Assessing opportunities and risks accordingly to the Tax rules and practices;
- Providing advises based on legal documentations and precise arguments;
- Suggesting comments and/or remarks to comply to Tax laws & regulations ;
- Finalizing and/or approving tax declarations for international clients ;
- Conducting tax compliance reviews & audits on a regular basis;
- Preparing legal opinion, notices or advises if required ;
- Keeping up-to-date with tax regulations and guidelines that are set forth by Luxemburg, European & international tax authorities;
- Being able to focus on details as well as to understand the “big picture”;
- Anticipating and preparing the busy season by collecting all necessary clients’ documentations on regular basis;
- Supervising a Legal Officer and a Legal Assistant in order to focus on complex issues and high intricate matters;
- Monitoring operational procedures
- Providing an internal support to tax specialists related to VAT declarations
TAX COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Sr Mgr/Director): Exigences du poste
- Experienced in a similar role (ideally Sr Mgr/Director or equivalent) in a law firm, a Big4 or an international service provider;
- Wide and accurate experience of dealing with international clients and complex files (direct & indirect tax);
- Certified in tax compliance with extensive knowledge of tax regulations, treaties, guidelines, pricing, and indirect taxation.
- Fluent in English. Good command of French and/or German is a strong asset;
- Outstanding technical legal skills as well as excellent communication skills
- You are organized & structured and like to anticipate in order to provide a high level of services;
- You have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- You enjoy managing complex files in details and to provide deep and sharp tax compliance related analysis;
- You are able to work under pressure, to respect deadlines and to keep an efficient communication with high level decision makers and multiple contacts and/or third parts;
Conditions de travail
What’s on offer?
- A role of Tax Compliance specialist in a highly renowned boutique law firm;
- A wide function offering autonomy and direct access to international & high class clients;
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the firm within a short period;
- The chance to work on 1st class files without being responsible of Business Development
- A good work/life balance position;
- An attractive salary, bonus and benefits.